[Top] [All Lists]

RE: [TR] TR3a upper control arms

To: <>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3a upper control arms
From: "Randall" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:05:33 -0800
> I am suspicious that my shock towers are not perfectly aligned anymore...the
> round tube that goes between them, and passes in front of the rad, was very,
> very, difficult to bolt in place.

You might consider taking the car to a "frame shop" to be checked &

> Which leads to: if I go that far, are the parts available to switch to the
> TR4 3 degree caster setup?

Just like the TR3 setup, one of the arms is not available new.  Shouldn't be too
hard to find a set used, though.

> I guess this would be the trunnions
> and stanchions (what are those called again?), but anything else? Upper ball
> joints?

Upper arms, upper ball joint, and trunnions.  The vertical link remains the

> Would the lower a-arms be the same?


Don't forget that the steering effort will increase.


===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>