Re: [TR] Exhaust Pipe Color

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs List),terryrs@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Exhaust Pipe Color
From: spamiam@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 16:41:48 +0000
>Another dummy question:  What color looking into the exhaust >pipe is
>appropriate?  ...I had thought tan.  Black means too rich, right?

No, I think it is always black these days with unleaded fuel.  THe tan color
came from the lead deposits.

You can not tell what is happening much by the exhaust pipe.

On the plugs, the insulators should be pretty clean looking.  Maybe a hint of
reddish/orange but essentially clean.  The electrodes should not have much
rounding-off of the square edges.

-Tony