Re: [TR] Lighter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Lighter
From: zoboherald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:34:41 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Bill & AnnaBelle <anabil007@comcast.net>

Hi Folks,
    The new Moss catalog shows an auxiliary lighter for under
dash mounting.  They give the impression that it is a "period"
accessory, is it??   I would certainly like one as a "power-point"
for cell phones, GPS, but would the Judges agree??

==AM==
Sure, why not? At least since 1972, when I bought it (and probably
dating much further back), my soon-to-be-sold 1960 TR3A has had a Casco
cigarette lighter in the dash. Very likely it was installed by the
dealer or by the original owner, in or near where the OD switch would
go. But then this car also has the supposedly so rare and valuable
"factory optional" ashtray.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>
http://webmail.aol.com

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net