Re: [TR] Lighter

To: "'Triumph List'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Lighter
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:55:35 -0800
> Just be sure that if you do this on a positive gorund car
> that the case of
> the socket is not grounded and that you get it wired up for
> the polarity
> many accessories are expecting.  I fashioned a masonite mount
> to isolate it.

Also don't forget to add a fuse !

Although less common these days, I have seen portable 12v devices where some
exposed metal was connected to the negative power input.  For example, I had
a portable CD player where the metal ring around the headphone jack was so
connected; which of course would make it hot relative to the car body (on a
positive ground car).

Some "marine" lighter sockets come with isolation already built into the
mount, plus a handy rubber plug for when they are not in use.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net