Re: [TR] A-type overdrive

To: <auprichard@uprichard.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] A-type overdrive
From: Randy and Valerie DeRuiter <deruiterville@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 04:35:28 -0600
Andrew-

If you have a strong drill, you can attach a socket to the nut on the output
flange of the overdrive and do a pressure test.  Thats assuming of course that
you have a gauge, Jay Holecamp has been selling some very good ones for
several years.   Even lacking a gauge though, you still can manually operate
the solenoid while running the drill and you will be able to see if the
overdrive engages/disengages - you can tell by sound as well as the load
feeling on the drill.  Takes a decent drill to do it, or a good electric
motor.

Regards,
Randy

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/deruiterville@hotmail.com