Re: [TR] rear oil gallery end plug

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] rear oil gallery end plug
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:38:23 -0800
> Putting a new clutch in the TR3A this weekend and noticed a trace of
> oil
> coming down from the rear oil gallery plug.

If it was leaking before, I would probably go with the JB Weld suggestion.
Otherwise, this is one of the few places where I would use Permatex #3.  Or
I might be tempted to try some Loctite PST:
http://goo.gl/Bmo4o

BTW, "Teflon" tape is not really a sealant at all.  It is a lubricant.  IMO
it has absolutely no use anywhere on a Triumph!  If you want to lubricate
tapered threads (like where the heater lines join the engine), paste
"Teflon" works well.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html