[TR] Fwd: Re: TR6 Jacking Points

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Fwd: Re: TR6 Jacking Points
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@presby.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:29:29 -0500
Well, I certainly wouldn't get under or reach far under the car while
jacking no matter where the jack is placed.  My floor jack handle
reaches to the side and lets me pump it without being underneath,
though I have to admit there is little range of motion at
first.  Those rails are close, and I've never had a hint that the
board (a sturdy one of course) was close to failing; no creaks or
cracks.  The fact that the car goes straight up means that the front
stands, already in place, don't tip to the side at all.  That was
something that always scared me.  Believe me, when I contemplate
going underneath my car, I have a healthy fear.  I don't rely on just
the jack stands either.  I slide cinder blocks underneath once the
stands are set.

Tim

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html