Re: [TR] volvo j type in a Tr6

To: "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] volvo j type in a Tr6
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:47:27 -0800
> I thought I would share with you that it is possible to use a J type
> overdrive

Sounds to me more like you used some parts from a Volvo J-type.  I've done
exactly the same thing, my comment before was that they were a cheap source
of parts.

> We also had to swap out the rear flange.
> As we did not remove the entire
> gearbox we could not perform the pressure tests.

You lost me here.  Should be quite possible to check the pressure with the
gearbox installed in the car, even without removing the tunnel.  I believe
they deliberately moved the test port to the bottom just to facilitate this.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive