Re: vintage racing and aluminum interiors

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: vintage racing and aluminum interiors
From: MRogers726@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 01:52:43 EDT

<<
 With onboard fire systems, fuel cells and cutoff switches, is a period
 authentic interior really that much of a fire hazard and thus "dangerous?"
 How many fires have we had in vintage racing anyway?  Our objective should be
 to preserve the old race cars and the replicate the spirit and appearance of
 the era.

Right on! I don't want to see mini-stockers road-racing--leave them to the
roundey- rounders (and modern disposacars) I liked the 50's and 60's cars that
could ALWAYS be twiddled to get me home rather than be loaded onto a flatbed
to be hualed to the DEALER for diagnoses and surgery-always costing over
$250.oo.
                     Michael Rogers
Any other Singer owners out there?