Re: questions about eye glasses?

To: bluechipracing@snet.net, cfchrist@earthlink.net,
Subject: Re: questions about eye glasses?
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:40:25 EST
Here is my two cents worth on the eye glass question.  I never wore
eyeglasses until age 40.  Then started with reading glasses, then progressed
to bifocals and finally progressive lenses.  I like the progressives for
everything but driving.  For driving (or racing) I prefer bifocal sunglasses.
 I like them because the line makes a clear distinction between distance and
my instruments, which cannot be so clear with progressives.  With
progressives, I seem to have to tilt my head at an unnatural angle for
driving.  I find that I can go back and forth from bifocal sunglasses to my
clear progressives with no problem.  Being a shop teacher, I always buy
polycarb lenses for my clear glasses, so I'm always wearing my safety
glasses.  At Cosco, it's only $40 for bifocal sunglasses if you supply a pair
of you old frames.  My health plan supplies my clear glasses, new lenses
every two years, so the plastic lenses are no problem.  The big problem is
paint remover, and painting, I use a pair of my old glasses for such things.

Rod Schweiger