RE: BRIC Incident

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: BRIC Incident
From: SadekCH@nswc.navy.mil
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:42:41 -0400
Folks, Richard's points are good.  Also, I think the other issue is an early
green flag, before as much of the grid as possible gets visible to the
starter and vice versa. A later green flag also means less speed going into
Turn One, and hopefully less chance for incidents.

As someone pointed out, it might be appropriate to have a "relay" flagman up
stream, with a green flag for those situations like RA, where the tower flag
cannot be seen by the rest of the grid. If the relay flag man doesn't wave,
then you know the front didn't get the green and you can stop accelerating
and slow down.

Chuck S
YS73
GT3 89