2000-register

Re: on the subject of brakes...

To: msharp@cynapps.com
Subject: Re: on the subject of brakes...
From: "steven king" <sssskings@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 19:48:03 GMT
Hi Mike

Good question about brake pipes. All pipes should be seamless, I think steel
pipes would be best all round, copper is also very good and looks that bit
different. I also am worried about fatigue in the stainless pipes. New steel
pipe should have a tough coating on it that will stop any corrosion and keep
it looking good.
Brake flares should always be double flares but that won't affect the nut
type. I just asked for imperial brake pipe fittings and the guy produced a
selection to choose from.
How is your MK1 resto' coming along?
Are you having any problems getting parts or advice over there?
Don't hesitate to yell, I'm sure there is heaps of advice on this list.
Steve King