2000-register

Re: on the subject of brakes...

To: "steven king" <sssskings@hotmail.com>, <msharp@cynapps.com>
Subject: Re: on the subject of brakes...
From: "Cindy and Terry@ESP" <esp@hypermax.net.au>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 17:16:35 +1000
I believe Copper brake lines have been banned in many countries for years.
They work-harden in spots and fatigue in others. The last UK car we imported
had them fitted and virtually every flare was cracked or badly out of shape,
necessitating a total change-out

Only the English  seem to insist on promoting them, presumably beccause they
keep putting salt on roads & are too miserable to change out safety critical
items.

I think it is poor advice to suggest their use when correct, fit-for-purpose
steel lines, are readily available at trivial cost.

On the same vein, most stainless braided lines are also banned or cannot get
certification. Only a few makers like Goodridge have managed to get
international safety certification for these. Again, thats because they
fatigue readily are only meant for applications where they are closely
monitored

Terry O'Beirne