Re: cable failure

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: cable failure
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 04:38:35 -0700 (PDT)
Since you own a 250 rather than a 6, you may be in luck.  You can
simply remove the passenger side headlight and headlight bucket, and
then use a long broom handle to trigger the hood release.  TR6 owners
can't do this since the headlights are outboard in the fenders.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

--- Opntop@aol.com wrote:
> The dreaded hood release cable failure happened on my 250. It only
> took about
> a dozen or so releases since the installation of a new one. What is
> the trick
> to open the hood now and what is the secret or update to keep it from
>
> happening again ?
> Thanks all
> Sal
> TR250
> PS ; thinking of getting a ' 72 for parts, would like to split with
> someone
> else in NYC area. Contact me off list .
> opntop@aol.com

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!