cable failure

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: cable failure
From: Opntop@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:14:05 EDT
Am I lucky or what? The cable did not actually break but the black vinyl
sheath rolled back as I pulled on the handle, 3 inches worth of it. I was so
disgusted on saturday night that I didn't get near the car until today. I had
nothing to loose so I gave it an extra pull and voila! it opened. This is a
cheaply manufactured item and therefore flimsy. A backup release is
definitely in order before I close the hood again as well as less spring
tension and slightly more play between the rubber buffers, because working
from underneath the car with a header in the way looks like an impossible
task. Not much better from the headlight hole either with the air filters
blocking. I wonder how many succeded. In any case thanks to all who sent
suggestions it's good to know a lot of people in LBC fraternity are willing
to help.
Sal
tr250