Re: cable failure

To: <Opntop@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: cable failure
From: "Mike Brinker" <mike.brinker@mfasco.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 22:50:53 -0400
Sal,
There are a variety of methods used to open the hood after the cable goes
south.  here are a few.
1.  Glove box method (remove glovebox and enter engine compartment using
long rod, screw driver or some type of firm wire and manipulate)
2.  Under car with long screw driver or rod (same as above).  If you go
under car, be sure to use safety measures such as jack stands and lift to
secure car.  You will be jiggling car around a bit.
3.  Remove front frill & use broomstick
    check out the archives
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=sixpacklist for additional
details.  Let us know what method you decide to use and how it worked.
Good Luck.
Mike Brinker
74 TR6