Re: High RPM miss

To: kkrice@earthlink.net (Kyle K. Rice)
Subject: Re: High RPM miss
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 22:23:34 -0700 (PDT)
Kyle---I can't see vacuum advance, or lack of it, to cause a miss of any
kind. Many owners have this blocked off and run with only the built-in
centrifugal advance. I don't believe it's starving for fuel either, as
this rarely causes a mis-fire (as if one cylinder drops out, then comes
back in) but rather the whole engine can temporarily shut down. Lack of
fuel causes a smoother loss of power.

I'm responding now to the "white smoke" you say was seen from behind
while cruising. By any chance are you having to replenish your radiator
water?  This could lead us into a different area causing the mis-fire!

Dick T.
'73