Re: Locking Brakes

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Locking Brakes
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 04:34:14 -0700 (PDT)
There is a piece in the master cylinder called a tipping or tipper
valve.  This allows fluid to flow back to the master cylinder from the
front calipers when you let off the brakes.  This valve went bad on my
car once (after a fresh rebuild on the m/c) and after five or six
stops, pressure would build up in the front lines until eventually the
front wheels wouldn't turn at all.  Temporary solution to get me home
was to slack off the nut holding the front brake line to the m/c, which
allowed fluid to seep out and release the pressure build up.  After
getting home, I ordered a new master cylinder.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://mail.yahoo.com/