Re: exhaust recommendations???

To: fasttrs@mindspring.com (Mike Munson), 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust recommendations???
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:20:48 -0800 (PST)
Mike, and others---A while back I commented that some of the modern
mufflers use the noise canceling effect, rather than baffles, to
suppress noise. I stopped by the muffler shop to ask them the brand name
of the muffler installed on my TR  It is a MAGNAFLOW.
It's dimensions are an oval 4"X9"X14"  (body). This happens to be what's
called a "one in, one out" arrangement due to my particular exhaust
system. Since most TR6's use a two in-two out configuration I asked if
they were available. Apparantly they are. On the brochure he gave me was
a web site for contacting the company, to view their product line.
It's:

www.magnaflow.com

Go to parts catalogue.

While it looks like the part number for the muffler I have is #11225, of
more interest may be part #14468, tho slightly fatter at 6"x8" oval.
Still only 14" long at the body.

Dick T.
'73