SS Sports Exhaust system from Rimmer Bros

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: SS Sports Exhaust system from Rimmer Bros
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:28:20 -0500
Some of you may recall my deliberations about ordering the SS Sports Exhaust
System (RR1400SS) from Rimmer Brothers in the UK.  In a nutshell, I had
heard good things about the fit and sound of the system.  Rimmer Brothers
was running a free shipping deal in the Fall and I thought it would be a
good time to buy.  Before I made the purchase, I asked this list for input
and heard some real horror stories about the system and about Rimmer
Brothers service.

Well, I looked around, thought that this system was my best option, crossed
my fingers and ordered the setup.  Unfortunately, the header that came with
the system did not fit (as claimed by several other purchasers on this
list).  I called Rimmer and they picked-up the header and sent it back to
the manufacturer (Phoenix Performance Exhausts).  Phoenix "fixed it" and
Rimmer sent it back to me.  It still didn't fit.

I called Rimmer ready to surrender and admit defeat (and to send the system
back for good).  One of the guys there, Mike, told me to sit tight and he
would send me another header.  Mike had Phoenix make-up a new header and
then he took it home and fit it to his engine to make sure it worked.  Only
then did he ship it to me.  This unit fits great and has none of the
problems of the original header.

This is a long-winded way of saying that Rimmer Brothers is alright in my
book.  They listened to my problem and took a personal interest in solving
it.  When the time comes, I will use Rimmer again.

Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250