ammeter max current

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: ammeter max current
From: "Alan & Debbie Lindner" <theedge@cts.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:55:26 -0700
What is the maximum current capability of the ammeter?
What is the display range?  Full scale is x amps.

The headlights do not go through the ammeter, why not?
A buddy in the San Diego Triumph Club (Dave S, I know you are
out there) installed high power headlights and rewired the harness
from the lights to the fuse box with thicker gauge wire.  How much
current do typically headlights draw?

Finally, what is the best way to hook up a stereo amplifier?  I would
think it is best to add a separate fuse and hook it directly to the
battery.  But again, no accurate indication on the ammeter.

Thanks
Alan

Alan & Debbie Lindner
theedge@cts.com