RE: ammeter max current

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ammeter max current
From: "Steve Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:42:30 -0700
Looking in my copy of the Bently Book, I find that just about everything
does go through the ampmeter.  The only things that don't are parts such as
the Hazard warning lamps, horns, cubby lamps, transmission hump lamps, and
so on.  The head lamps, marker, tail, ignition, guages, wipers, and heater
fans go either directly to the Ampmeter or through the ignition switch to
the Ampmeter.

On your seconf question if you have 60W lamps (the high beam of Halogens
typically) each one draws 5 amps.  Ohms law power equals voltage * current,
or in this case current = power (60W) divided by voltage (13.6VDC or so) or
something less than 5 amps.

The alternator is supposed to put out 35 amps (or so  pre 72=26, 72-36, 73
on = 43) on full charge, my ampmeter goes to the pin (with a dead battery)
so I guessing it reads about 35 amps full scale

Steve hanselman
tr6@kc4sw.com