RE: '76 Emission Lable Location

To: "James Tabor" <jattr6@hotmail.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: '76 Emission Lable Location
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade2@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:23:50 -0600
I had an unmolested '76 TR6 (CF52678U) prior to rebuild.  At shows and
through this email list and the other Triumph list, I've heard this issue
argued back and forth.

My '76 had the original black on yellow decal on the front drivers wheel
arch.  It had not ever been moved or changed - this according to the
original owners son whom I bought it from.  I have also seen some '76s with
the same black on yellow decal on the passenger side under the bonnet.  This
location makes much more sense to me - as the decal discusses tuning the
carburetors - however, some variations were definitely evident.

I secretly suspect that my decal was placed on the drivers wheel arch to
cover up the two small rivet holes that used to be used to rivet a small
plate (I forget which one - was it the commission number?) on earlier TR6's.
Perhaps some '75 inner wheel arches had the two holes and some didn't -
causing the change in decal placement.

Good luck, and I hope I clarified that there were differences.

Eric