Re: '76 Emission Lable Location

To: Eric Conrad <conrade2@msn.com>
Subject: Re: '76 Emission Lable Location
From: Bob Fabie <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 22:36:29 -0500
Eric:

This information may not be conclusive, but it is accurate.

I'm looking at page 74 of Bill Piggott's Original Triumph TR4 4A, 5 and
6. It shows a "very late"  (which I believe is a '76-see below) engine
compartment photo of a TR6 with a black on yellow label on the left
wheel arch.

Page 399 of the TRF catalog, shows the emission label for a 1976 as
"black on orange label mounted on underside of bonnet and also on l.h.
front wheel arch.

I have a '75 and the emission label is black on silver. It's attached to
the left hand fender. When I restored the engine compartment, I noticed
there were rivet holes under the paper label. Earlier TR6's (70 and 71)
had an aluminum plate riveted to the left front wheel arch, according
the the TRF catalog, same page as cited above.  I assume that my left
fender was replaced at some point, or that the stock of fenders (all
being identical) were installed with pre drilled holes for either the
earlier metal plates or later year labels.

Hope this information helps.

Bob Fabie
'75 TR6

Hope this helps.