TR6 solid engine mounts

To: 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 solid engine mounts
From: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 09:11:33 -0400
All,

Anyone ever used solid engine mounts, and know of a source?  I'd like to
replace the front rubber bushings with metal, without having to weld a brace
to the block.  I intend to keep the gearbox soft-mounted.  Does anyone make
polyeurathane mounts, or do I have to stick with rubber.

Mounting the motor in this fashion will certainly make the driving
experience more visceral, and quite interesting at idle if one has a lumpy
cam.  I figure that a balanced '6 will be quite smooth off idle.  Benefits
include improved response.

Thanks in advance,

Shane Ingate in Maryland