Re: PI Cam

To: ds55427@aol.com
Subject: Re: PI Cam
From: Shawn Loseke <shawn@swo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:36:49 -0700
>From the history that I have read, there were two different PI cams. The
early version was known for it's rough idle but increased power. This
cam helped make up the 150 h.p. PI TR6's, along with other PI specific
differences. The second cam corrected the rough idle, but brought the
power down. Thus creating the 125 h.p. series of TR6's. I believe that
the second cam was shared with the 2.5PI Saloon.

long story short... if your looking for improved power with the smooth
idle, look into the later specification PI TR6's. I believe it is 73 or
74 and later models. That cam with the appropriate compression. I
believe the PI cars had 9:1. Should get you to your goals.

Shawn Loseke
1972 TR6
Fort Collins Colorado