RE: PI Cam

To: "'ds55427@aol.com'" <ds55427@aol.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: PI Cam
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 12:09:38 -0700
        Don:

        Hooo boy. Here are the specs on the cams (From Shane Ingate's Web
page)

        http://triumph.hottr6.com/tr6cams.html

        Cam             Lobe            Duration        Lobe
Rated
                        Lift            In      Ex      Centers HP
        Early PI        0.250           280     280     105             150
        Late PI 0.240           256     256     110             126
        Early Carb      0.220           240     240     110             104
        Late Carb       0.240           256     256     110             104

        Some other things to be aware of; PI cars used 1.55 rockers, carb
cars used 1.45 rockers. PI cars used 9.5:1 (I have also heard they used 9:1,
but I think the 9.5:1 is more widely cited) compression, carb cars used
8.5:1 and later carb cars used 7.75:1 compression. so there is much more to
getting power than just tossing in a PI cam. The tighter lobe centers on the
early PI cam will give you a rougher idle, poorer economy, and higher
emissions in addition to more power.
        If you use the PI cam, you will need to diddle with your carb
needles too.

        Cheers,

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6