Slave Cylinder Discussion

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Slave Cylinder Discussion
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 06:28:40 -0700 (PDT)
One last response to the observations of Jim Franks, listed below, (see the
area in Bold added by me) concerning this issue.  I don't know if this is an
issue of semantics or what, all I know is that it worked for me and I suspect
for other six pack members (anyone else out there).  The fact that, as Jim
Franks said, the SC does not work when it is mounted on the front side of the
plate but does work when it is properly mounted on the rear side of the plate
demonstrates the point I was trying to make.  Moving the SC farther toward the
rear causes the lever on the clutch shaft to start from a more engaged
position.  This causes the TOB to apply more force to the pressure plate.  I
apologize to the person who initially asked the question about this issue since
this was not his problem after all and we have gone pretty far afield.

Mike Lunsford, 1070 TR6