Re: Options for TR250 carbs and cam

To: Shane Ingate <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Options for TR250 carbs and cam
From: J B <jb_2email@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:44:43 -0700 (PDT)
If your motor is
> still pretty strong, and
> with the rebuilt carbs and careful attention to
> tuning and timing, you can
> terrorize any stock 240Z out there.
>
> Shane Ingate in Maryland

Beg to differ Shane,

As an owner of both I would say the 6 feels faster but
the 240Z is faster stock vs. stock.

Per Sports Car World Jan. 1973: Triumph TR6(PI) versus
Datsun 240Z, the 240Z was faster 0-30 through 0-90mph
by 1-2 tenths of a second for each test except for
0-50 and 0-60 were the were the same(6.5 sec and 8.5
sec. respectfully). The 240 bested the 6 0-100mph 23.9
to 24.7 sec. They also stated that in the turns it was
again the Z as the winner.

The test was done in England by a British car
magizine. Yes these were not US spec cars. But a non
PI US market TR6 vs a US market 240Z would put the 6
even further behind.

I still prefer the 6 on sunny days. Nothing better
than cruising Lake Shore Drive with the top down.

John Bryan
Chicago
'74 TR6
'70 240Z