Re: More flywheel work

To: mitch <mitchv@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: More flywheel work
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 10:15:07 -0400
I received my Fidanza flywheel about a month ago but have not weighed
it. I must say from feel it seems to be heavier than 9 or 10 lbs. I'll
make it a point to weigh it and post the #'s. As far as lightening the
steel flywheel goes, I personally would be cautious of 30 year old
metallurgy and manufacturing processes. The new motor I will be building
this fall should see higher red lines & I would not feel comfortable
stretching my legs next to the bell housing. The Fidanza is a purpose
built performance enhancement. I'm not saying it's impossible for
something to go wrong but it's certainly less likely.
The feedback I have received both from users of the aluminum flywheels
as well as Bob Scheid from Fidanza are positive for both street and
race. The other positive that is not as talked about is the stress
relief on the crank & affected parts.
No matter how it turns out I'm committed to trying it and will post my
results in the
spring , good or bad. I am certainly not afraid to have others learn
from my mistakes or profit by them.

--
Mitch Seff
75 TR6 Supercharged