RE: Transmission rebuild or not?

To: "'Rengrave'" <rengrave@netzero.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Transmission rebuild or not?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 07:57:19 -0700
        Wayne:

        Depending on how many miles you have on the tranny, I would
agree that it should be at least checked.
        I would recommend something slightly different though. I would
recommend that you check all the tolerances and replace only those
parts that are out of spec. A rebuild kit is generally expensive
overkill for a transmission that has been cared for, such as yours.

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6
Cogito Ergo Zoom
(I think, therefore I go fast)