Rear Springs

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear Springs
From: "Wayne Ross" <rengrave@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:49:56 -0400
Listers,

My 73 TR6 sat for 10 years on the tires, and when I brought it back to life
in 1998 I noticed that the rear end was tilting lower on the drivers side. I
know the frame is solid, so I measured the rear spring heights. Sure enough,
the drivers side spring was 1" shorter than the pass. side. I quickly added
spacers in between the coils of the spring to bring the car level (cheap and
fast).
My question is: Should I buy stock springs or should I buy heavy duty? I
only ride on the street but don't want the sag to happen again. Also I
already have rubber spring spacers, should I buy poly ones?

Thanks,
Wayne
Westport, MA
1973 TR6 (Mallard)