Re: Main Bearing Installation Woes

To: William Maslin <cwrm4@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Main Bearing Installation Woes
From: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 04:11:54 -0400
IMHO and ONLY  IMHO, can it be possible to exchange all the bearings in such
away as to not scratch, bend, nick or grove any vital areas on either the
bearings or the crank shaft itself. As for the cleanliness of the job
(without removing the block) I have my doubts that the crank shaft journals,
where the bearings sit in, can be clean, dry  and the tabs properly seated.
Then to measurements? I would suggest removing the engine and doing the job
properly once, rather than doing a temp quick fix and then paying for the
damage done again if 10k miles is achieved.
Sorry for the negativity in this issue, but as I said ...........IMHO only!
Robert L. Gannon
trsix74@comcast.net
TR6   1974 CF22956U
TR3A 1960 TS70951L