Re: trouble finding an oil leak

To: Joe18d@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: trouble finding an oil leak
From: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:59:56 -0700 (PDT)
Joe
I have heard of a product on the market that you can add to your oil to detect
where your leaks are  originating from. I believe that is available for the oil
as well as the cooling system. Once added you need to use a black light to
detect the source.
Can any one out there name this product.
Dale
 Joe18d@aol.com wrote:I am having trouble finding an oil leak on my '69 TR6, I
have had the car
about 6 months and have receipts for the engine rebuild at a Brit car shop in
Tampa, Fl. The engine has about 500 miles on it now and there is an oil leak
around the back half of the distributor side of the engine. Now here lies the
problem, is it possible to leak oil from the head gasket? There is a sheen of
oil on the engine serial # flat and all along the head/block junction on the
drivers side after even a short drive of 5 miles. I cannot find a leak any
higher up on the engine. I should mention that the engine runs fine and there
is no sign of oil / water cross contamination. Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks, Joe in NH /// CC25856L
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines