Re: trouble finding an oil leak

To: Dale <tpdwinch@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: trouble finding an oil leak
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:31:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Dale wrote:

> Joe

> I have heard of a product on the market that you can add to your oil
> to detect where your leaks are originating from. I believe that is
> available for the oil as well as the cooling system. Once added you
> need to use a black light to detect the source. Can any one out there
> name this product.

There are die kits available in the northeast USofA from Auto Zone. They
are fairly cheap (under $40, if memery serves). I saw one at alocal Auto
Zone within the last 14 days.

Please note, however, that the quality of the black light is where you
should spend the money on a system like this. A really good black light
will cost more that $100.

YMMV.

> Dale

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |