RE: trouble finding an oil leak

To: "'Joe18d@aol.com'" <Joe18d@aol.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: trouble finding an oil leak
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 07:52:30 -0700
        Joe:

        Check out the book by Williams on "How to restore a TR250/TR6". As I
recall (been a while since I read it) the seam between the head and the
block for the lifter galley is very prone to leaks. Sounds like this is
what you have.
        Williams recommends that when installing the head gasket, a film
of hylomar or other non-setting sealer be applied to prevent this. He
claimed that a "mist" of oil would seep out between the head and the
block if this was not done.
        Sounds like you need to pop the head off, replace the gasket, and
add a little hylomar.

        Cheers,

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6