RE: TR-6 Overdrive update.

To: jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com (Jim Swarthout)
Subject: RE: TR-6 Overdrive update.
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 23:13:56 -0700 (PDT)
Jim---On this list, it's OK by me to "be argumentative". I like clarity.
So long as the purpose is to illuminate the audience.
Let's see if there's still some disagreement. The original post stated
that there was  "a gap" between the flanges, due to unmatched faces.  I
believe the four bolts that clamp the two flanges do not rely merely on
the strength of the bolts, but the friction created between the two
surfaces when such clamping takes place.
I think we recognize that the two must be concentric, for balancing
purposes. The "plate" I was suggesting for Patrick was to take this into
consideration.

Dick