Re: Fan Extension Modification

To: mitch vamos <mitchvamos@operamail.com>
Subject: Re: Fan Extension Modification
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:15:43 -0400
Hi Mitch & all,
I have finished and installed my new motor with the Fidanza flywheel. My
review on the flywheel is outstanding so far. I have put about 400 miles
on the new motor and my driving impressions of the flywheel are all
good. Every day driving is exactly the same. No difference in launch or
idle. There is definitely a free revving and faster feel to throttle
response. Any one who says there is a difference or learning curve to
driving with an aluminum flywheel is wrong. Dropping twenty pounds off
the end of the crank is also a big plus. I would have to say this is an
inexpensive performance & engine durability add on. At about $300.00 and
a days labor it's a very noticeable performance gain. I have not done
any specific testing because It would be impossible to isolate the
flywheel from the other work done but it's a real seat of the pants
feel. Anyone with performance in mind or a future  rebuild with
balancing in mind should seriously consider changing the flywheel.

--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.