Re: Exhaust valve spring "caps"

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust valve spring "caps"
From: "Jeff Fetner" <fetnerj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:23:00 +0600
Mike,
   It's pretty low tech, but you could put the piston at 'bottom' dead
center, push some soft nylon or cotton cord into the bore, then raise the
piston up so that the bunched-up cord pushes up on the valves.  Make doubly
sure you are working with a cylinder on a compression stroke so both valves
will be closed.  A piston coming up on the exhaust stroke will have the
exhaust valve open.

Jeff
74 CF13816U