RE: Engine Head question

To: "'Navarrette, Vance'" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: RE: Engine Head question
From: "Gene Hart" <genehart@att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:25:15 -0500
Thanks Vance,

Some observations, and answers to your questions.

I would like to keep this manifold, but I won't fit the head. But if I
rebuilt my old head (from the 73) would that fit and fix my problems?.
But this may be going too far as far as that is conserned.

The '73 or CR engine did not have an EGR, and it did have an anti-runon
valve, I can use the setup from the 73 carbs for this. It's the vacume
fitting for the brake booster that may be a problem.

The CC motor does have a different flywheel with the pilot bushing
inside the crank, as opposed to on the flywheel. But I have the correct
flywheel, just need to get a new pilot bushing.

SO I guess I'll change out the manifold, use my '73 hoses from the carbs
and adjust the mixture to accommodate the increased compression, also
check the ant-runon to see how it can connect. I've been looking at the
TRF drawings to see what I have to do.

Did I miss anything?

Gene