Finding a flat level surface to measure camber

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Finding a flat level surface to measure camber
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:16:33 -0500
After measuring the camber on my 250 several times and getting several
different readings, I checked the garage floor. It is not completely level,
or even and is causing quite a bit of variation in my measurements.

Does anybody have any tricks for creating an even level surface short of
ripping out the old floor and pouring a new one?

I was thinking that since the floor is close to level maybe I should shim
the framers square so that it is level and then take my measurements.

The alternative is to find a good slab of concrete somewhere.

Thanks,
Peter
'68 TR250