FW: Finding a flat level surface to measure camber

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Finding a flat level surface to measure camber
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 00:20:01 -0500
Peter,

At one time my garage was all marked for my car's alignment. I used a water
level (clear plastic tubing filled with what else - water) to measure height
at all four tire locations. Loose commercial floor tiles were stacked as
shims, each one being 1/8" thick. The concrete was marked with tape so the
pads could be quickly set up again. A number on the tape told how many tiles
are required. Commercial floor tiles are 12" square, inexpensive, especially
if chipped or damaged, and available at any home center or flooring store.
Rather than use a framing square, a level held vertically was my reference
to measure against.

You could use a little paint to outline the tiles, then, years from now it
would only take a minute or so to set up shop.

Rick Patton
patton@suscom-maine.net
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/