Shipwright suggestions

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Shipwright suggestions
From: Mickylong@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:00:51 EST
OK, it looks like it's time to give the 6 it's much needed repaint.  Since I
plan to also change color I'm looking at an engine bay re-do as well.  Which
of course means pulling the engine/trans.  My question is -- with the
engine/trans out is there anything other than cosmetics that I should do to the
engine
or trans while they are out of the car?  I've done a compression check and all
seems solid, oil pressure runs about 80lbs. under load, nothing appears to be
leaking in any quantity.  The head was redone by PO about 5,000 miles ago to
upgrade for unleaded gas.  I do plan to replace the original Lucas alternator
to boost output but can't see getting into any other engine work other than
perhaps checking timing chain/gears.

Should I be checking clutch fork or anything else as a matter of routine?

Micky Long, Atlanta
72 TR 6