Re: Air Compressor Redux

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Compressor Redux
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:06:52 -0500
Seems like overkill for a hobbyists. Also, for that price, would stick with
Ingersoll-Rand. I have a SS3 (single stage) with a 60 gal. tank that serves
my needs (sandblasting, air tools, painting etc). It was under $500 when I
bought it 2 years ago. See Max Tool
:http://www.maxtool.com/cgi-bin/dbsearch.exe?mdb=\tools.mdb,dbTYPE=2000,tbl=
IC_ITEMS,template=/comp_master-3.htm,DBCOMP=ABS,dbsort=retail,ReturnMax=25,D
B_CAT2=IRAircomau

It requires 220 v., as any good compressor will, but is bolted to the floor
in the corner of my garage, and the only maintence required is to drain the
moisture from the bottom of the tank. Withe 10.3 cfm at 135 psi, it works
quite nicely without constantly being on.
Jerry Shaw