TR6 leg room and seat adjustments

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 leg room and seat adjustments
From: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:01:44 -0800
Fellow sufferers,

A friend at work recently got very excited about the prospect of purchasing
a TR6.  He owned a MGBGT years ago and is now ready for another "fun" car
and did enough research to get interested in TR6's.

However, he can't fit into my car for a test drive --- his legs are too
long and the steering wheel hits his leg.  (I have a roll-bar which
prevents the seats from going all the way back.)  He tried a TR6 that was
for sale locally and even with the seat all the way back couldn't get into
a position where he could drive.  He's rather discouraged and thinking that
maybe he should go back to the Octogon.

I'm sure there must be some tall TR6 owners out there somewhere....
So I seek wisdom --- what's the trick for tall drivers?
My friend is 6'2" and wears 34" pants, if that helps clarify the would-be
owner's "specifications."  Please help save a LBC owner from the dark side.

TIA,
Cregg Cowan
CC63192L