Re: TR6 leg room and seat adjustments

To: Cregg Cowan <cowan@erg.sri.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 leg room and seat adjustments
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:33:18 -0800 (PST)
Cregg,

I wear 34" with regular shoes and 36" inseam with boots (Texas).  On long trips
I remove my foot wear.  Yes, the gas pedal will burn your foot in the winter.
I place my left foot under the clutch pedal with my knee resting on the door
panel.  I removed the sun visors in order to see the trafic lights.  I did move
the seat back by choosing the mounting holes in the seat rail that allow the
seat to be the farthest back.  (I may have even drilled new ones.  It's been
over 20 years ago.)

For people closer to earth,  one can use pieces of wood under the seat rails to
raise the seat up and forward if neccessary.  I had trouble with my head
hitting the top and seeing through sun visors until I removed the pieces of
wood that the previous owner had installed.

Greg Perry