Re: TR6 leg room and seat adjustments

To: cowan@erg.sri.com (Cregg Cowan)
Subject: Re: TR6 leg room and seat adjustments
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:12:08 -0800 (PST)
Cregg---Some owners have gone with the 14 inch steering wheel, or even
smaller.

I have done several things to give me more room, with my 33" inseam.
Adjusted the carb linkage so that the throttle pedal, at rest, was 3/4"
lower than the brake pedal, also bending the "spoon" of the pedal rod
down, just below the pedal stop tab. Soft metal, easy to do.

This didn't help when going from the gas pedal to the brake pedal, as my
knee would then bump the steering wheel, unless my leg was cocked
sideways. So I spaced the 'wheel two inches closer to me, which also
changes the height of the wheel favorably.

The seat runners can be moved, or new ones can be fabricated. Any move
in this direction wil compromise the set back reclining angle, if this
happens to be important.  Desperate times?

Dick