Re: Question 4 Hardtop Owners

To: 6pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question 4 Hardtop Owners
From: Kendall Larsen <kendallsemail@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:13:50 -0800 (PST)
Hi Bob,

> The chrome "tips" that extend in the rear don't
> touch the body by about 1/8" or maybe 1/4 at most.

Sounds like a decent enough fit to me. Mine is like
that.

> The rubber buffer is also not touching the body.

You could always lower the rubber buffers... I think
its just a stack of washers that dictates the height
of the rubber.

Though you might just want to leave it they way it
is... The rubber feet tend to 'rub' the paint esp. if
everything isn't super clean.

>Everything is down very tight,,

if everything is tight I'd leave it the way it is.
Unless the looks of it bother you, then maybe your
rubber seals need to get compacted down for a while.

Did you remove the soft top or leave it in? If you
left it in removing its attachements along the back
sill would lower the hard top too.

Good luck,

Kendall
74.5 TR6