RE: Question 4 Hardtop Owners

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, bfabie@earthlink.net
Subject: RE: Question 4 Hardtop Owners
From: william.mcintire@wright.edu
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:05:21 -0500
Bob
Like Kendall said, fit seems go to me too. If you remove the metal strip the
top snaps to in the back, it will lower it a little. If you get the sides and
rubber bumpers down to where they touch, it will trash you paint.
Bill

>===== Original Message From Robert Fabie <bfabie@earthlink.net> =====
>Just bought a factory hardtop for my '75. It came with all the hardware and
isntallation was very straight forward, although it does take some time -
maybe just the first time?

>The chrome "tips" that extend in the rear don't touch the body by about 1/8"
or maybe 1/4 at most. The rubber buffer is also not touching the body. How can
I lower the rear portion of the top? Everything is down very tight,, including
the two rear and two side attachment bolts.