RE: TR6 paint type

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 paint type
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:39:24 -0500
Darrell wrote:
Also while were on the subject I always wondered why I have never
seen an original seventies TR7 that did not need a paint job!

Hey Darrell, I'm far from sure as to the reason of this, but if I were to
take a WAG, I'd say that the formulation of paint had changed at that point
due to environmental concerns.  Almost all of the late 70's - early 80's
American cars, especially GM products, had entire sheets of paint flaking
off.  A good friend of mine who possesses more knowledge than I about these
things said it was definitely a change in formulation in that case.

Then again, it could have just been PO'd workers.